Twin Motion, the developers behind Dead Cells, are currently testing a new patch (1.1.0) for Dead Cells on the PC Alpha build.
This means that at some point in the near future, there will be a new update for Dead Cells coming to the Switch. Who else is excited?
Normally, a patch test takes about a week to test out, and this Alpha build test started 8/11/2018. After the feedback, the devs will make the necessary changes, then will make the patch live, and update the game. It does take longer to get it on consoles but it will happen. So unfortunately, as of now, there is no confirmed release date for the patch for Switch. We will keep you all updated as soon as we know more.
Here’s a list of the most important changes that are coming to Dead Cells, as asked for by the community:
- Cooldown reductions have been changed. Now, in order to reduce cooldown you will need to kill enemies, parry, or score critical hits.
- Bosses no longer drop Legendary items. The boss will drop 1 weapon and 1 active skill. Legendary weapons are now random world loot drops.
- Enemies no longer scale – they are at fixed levels, making later levels more challenging.
- Timed doors offer better loot and are found in transition levels only.
- New challenge doors added. You will need to kill X amount of enemies without getting hit. Loot and location is the same with timed doors. Challenge doors offer better rewards after a boss.
- Healing items heal a % of life – scales with stats.
- New secret holes can appear.
- Homunculus skill reworked.
- Lightning deals crit hit if enemies are in the water.
These changes are going to make the biggest impact on gameplay. It looks like Dead Cells is getting even harder in some aspects but will still be fair. Still loads of patches that have not been mentioned – full Patch notes can be found here.