Fans concerned that Nintendo’s support for this game has stagnated can rest assured for Arms Version 5.1 has been released, and it brings a few excellent new features to the title.
Nintendo has had a reputation for ignoring their competitive scene. One factor that made custom movesets all-but-impossible to use in Smash Bros tournaments or even some characters is the fact that these features are not readily available from the beginning of the game. The ARMS dev team has added an excellent new feature for ARMS which will remove this problem for players who don’t like simply using the basic arms equipped to each character.
Tournament Mode in Arms simply unlocks every single arm for every character to ensure fair play among competitors in a tournament setting. Until now, to be fair tournament organizers would have been forced to limit players to using the basic arms on their characters since not everyone would have access to their preferred arms. Thanks to this new tournament mode, this problem has been rectified and should make ARMS tournaments far more viable in the future. Hopefully the Smash dev team will take note of this and include it as a feature in future titles or ports. Tournament Mode can be accessed by simply pressing the R stick on the main menu then pressing L+R.
This update includes other smaller features including an “ultimate Headlock” for Party Crashes, a new Gallery feature, new badges and some fixes to bugs involving particular arms. You can check out the complete list of patch notes below.
- Added new “Gallery” feature. Unlock amazing illustrations using in-game currency, or by fulfilling certain conditions.
- Added new badges.
- Added badges earned when certain pairs of fighters rack up battles together.
- Added badges earned by repeatedly using each ARM.
- And so many more!
- New additions to Party Crash.
- ARMS Labs have manufactured the ultimate version of Hedlok. It will appear only in Party Crash.
- ARMS Labs have thought up some new Bonus Periods. Look out for them!
- If a featured fighter is losing by more than 1000 points in the current lobby, the bonus for using them will increase from 1.5x to 2x. Time for some comebacks!
- Added “Tournament Mode.”
- A mode made for tournaments with all ARMS unlocked.
- When in Tournament Mode you will be unable to play other modes such as Grand Prix or Ranked Match, and you won’t receive badges or in-game currency. Records will also not be recorded.
- You can switch between Normal Mode and Tournament Mode on the Top Menu by holding in the R Stick and pressing L and R.
- Fixed an issue where Dr. Coyle’s extra ARMS would not fire correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the Ramram would stop moving in mid-air.
- Fixed an issue in Skillshot, where the Tribolt would fail to return after punching.