Nintendo Switch™ Physical Version Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut Now Available in North America, Coming to Europe May 17
Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut Nintendo Switch™ is now available at retail stores across North America for $29.99 USD/$39.99 CAD. The physical form will release in Europe on May 17. inXile Entertainment, the studio led by Interplay founder Brian Fargo, producer of the original Fallout, has partnered with Nintendo to release Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut, the sequel to the first-ever post-apocalyptic computer RPG.
Critically praised and winner of numerous accolades, including Game of the Year, Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut is an enhanced version of the original that features improvements, customisations and additions that further immerse the player in this epic alternative-historical adventure. With more than 80 hours of gameplay, Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut will test your survival instincts as you traverse across a post-nuclear American Southwest with your Desert Ranger squad.
Brian Fargo, CEO, inXile Entertainment;
“Many of our fans have old school sensibilities, so when we announced the arrival of Wasteland 2 on the Nintendo Switch, we immediately began hearing requests for a physical version of the game. Many players love the collecting element of games – having the game in-hand, displayed on a shelf, and ready to be plucked off that shelf and played at any moment. We investigated the possibility, and thanks to a partnership with U&I Entertainment, are delivering this physical version of the game for our fans to have and enjoy,”
Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut is available now for Nintendo Switch at North American retailers including Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop and Target for $29.99 USD/$39.99 CAD. The retail edition will release in Europe on May 17 for €34.99/£29.99.
eShop Digital version here
What Is WasteLand 2 Directors Cut
Wasteland 2 is a strategy Role Playing Game that immerses the player in tactical turn-based combat, RPG-style character advancement and customisation, and deep choices that affect the narrative and memorable cast of characters. Wasteland 2 is the direct sequel to 1988’s Wasteland, the first-ever post-apocalyptic computer RPG and the inspiration behind the Fallout series. Until Wasteland, no other CRPG had ever allowed players to control and command individual party members for tactical purposes or given them the chance to make moral choices that would directly affect the world around them. Wasteland was a pioneer in multi-path problem solving, dripping in choice and consequence and eschewing the typical one-key-per-lock puzzle solving methods of its peers, in favour of putting the power into players’ hands to advance based on their own particular play style. The Wasteland series impressive and innovative lineage has been preserved at its very core but modernised for the fans of today with Wasteland 2. Immerse yourself in turn-based tactical combat that will test the very limits of your strategy skills as you fight to survive a desolate world where brute strength alone isn’t enough to save you. Deck out your Ranger squad with the most devastating weaponry this side of the fallout zone and get ready for maximum destruction with the RPG-style character advancement and customisation that made the first Wasteland so brutal. Save an ally from certain death or let them perish – the choice is yours, but so are the consequences. The Wasteland’s hellish landscape has been waiting for you to make your mark, or die trying.
What is New!
- The Director’s Cut: Overhauled graphics with fully redone character and level art, voice-over expanded with tens of thousands of lines, and new features make this the definitive version of Wasteland 2
- Turn-Based Tactical Combat: Tackle explosive and deadly squad-based combat encounters against the wasteland’s raiders, mutants, robots and more that will test the limits of your planning and tactics
- Your Squad Your Way: Don’t feel like finding the key for a door? Pick the lock, bash it down with your boot, or just blow it open with a rocket launcher
- A Huge Reactive Story: With hundreds of choices and consequences at your disposal, with both short and long term reactivity to the player’s choices and 80-100 hours of gameplay, no two players will have the same experience
- Huge & Customizable: Dozens of hours of game. Hundreds of characters. Thousands of variations on your Rangers’ appearance. Over 150 weapons. Dozens of skills!