Party Hard Switch Review by SwitchWatch

Developer: Pinokl Games

Publisher: tinyBuild Games

Release Date: 22nd November 2018

Price as of Article: $14.99 USD £13.49 GBP

Game code provided by Pinokl Games

Story

You are being interrogated and you are retelling the story of what happened that fateful night and why it happened.

Image result for party hard switch

Gameplay

In Party Hard, you start off at a party and your goal is to kill everyone. This is about 90% of the game. The other 10% is used on different characters killing everyone with different abilities or handicaps. Unfortunately, this is the whole game.

Parties and killing

There are 12 parties to go to, where you have to kill everyone. There are a number of objects you can interact with, that are used as traps. Traps range from a fire extinguisher that explodes to making a phone call to get the S.W.A.T to crash the party and kill people.

Image result for party hard switch

Party Hard it a strange mix of stealth and tactical play. It’s like they took out all of the fun from the Hitman series and made a game from the leftovers. It can get boring waiting for people to go to the right area where the traps are.

The party-goers move at least twice as fast as your character, so if you miss the kill, you have almost no way of stopping them from calling the police. When the police come, well, unless you happen to be far enough away from them to not be seen, it’s game over. I know it’s to make it harder and it’s a deliberate choice to do this, but there’s just no reason given why you are so slow.

Other killers?

There are a number of different types of characters you can play as and unlock to break up the monotony of the game. For example, there is one where you can move faster by charging yourself up, but there is a downside to this: the game becomes timed. If you run out of time, you die, but every kill you get makes the timer increase. It’s hard enough to do it with unlimited time – with a timer on, it just becomes crazy difficult.

It can’t all be bad, can it?

The short answer is no… for some people. There are people who will like this type of game – slow, methodical, hardcore, tactical games. It is good in some respects. It just needs a lot of refinement, movement speed, and more objectives than kill everyone. Party Hard is a niche game for people who live for a challenge and lots of murder. The story turns out to be pretty good though.

Image result for party hard switch

style="display:block; text-align:center;" data-ad-layout="in-article" data-ad-format="fluid" data-ad-client="ca-pub-5661714653949151" data-ad-slot="5669732186">
Audio

The audio is actually pretty decent. Each level has a good track playing. Well, it starts off good. After a dozen times hearing it, it gets a little annoying. The sound effects are pretty good, too. All the audio cues are easy to hear and make it easier to know what is happening. At times it gets hectic and it can be a little hard to hear what’s going on, but I’ll take it. The voice acting in the cutscenes is well done, too.

Visuals & Performance

Visually, the game is pleasing with the different parties and the characters in each level. There are no performance issues that I have noticed; in fact, it played really well with no problems at all. 

Value

Party Hard could have been cheaper. With the lack of content, it’s not worth the price tag. I really cannot recommend it. I would wait for a sale. This is of course just my humble opinion, you may enjoy it. If you buy it, I hope you do enjoy it but for me, it was not a good game.

Pros

P

Plays Well

P

Lots of Killing

P

Music and SFX are good

P

Music and SFX are good

Cons

P

Boring

P

Lack of content

P

Too expensive

P

Overly difficult

P

Not fun