Oh, 1995. What a year! Things were a bit simpler, and the Saturday morning cartoons then were HOT FIRE. It was one of those times, and the new Switch game reveal today is one that takes place in that same time period. Adventures of Chris is an upcoming hand-drawn, global adventure platformer starring a chubby underdog hero named Chris, and his wacky powers is what will set him apart from the rest. Check out the trailer below!
Set in the greatest year ever, 1995, protagonist Chris is kidnapped, mocked, and transformed into a balloon, but somehow he manages to escape by floating off on a global adventure. Driven by determination, superpowers such as fireballs, and most importantly cookies, Chris is on a mission to defeat the forces of villainy to save children from around the world and make it home in time for dessert. Inspired by ‘90s cartoons, Adventures of Chris is chock-full of humor and invigorating combat that will require players to transform Chris from a weak kid into the ultimate hero.
“The Switch is a great home for in-depth, single-player adventure games, and Adventures of Chris will be a great addition to the system,” said Chris Guin, CEO of Guin Entertainment. “Chris’ unique combat and platforming elements will thrill gamers of all skills, and the game’s family-friendly content means people of all ages can transform Chris into a hero we all dream to be.”
- Uncover a sinister story in a quirky, cartoon-like universe.
- Explore 9 locations around the world in any order you please, plus the Kingdom of Lost Balloons and more!
- Build Chris from a weak kid into the ultimate underdog hero by upgrading him with unique special moves and abilities that you can customize to your style.
- Learn (or purchase) increasingly powerful spells and techniques.
- Battle bizarre villains across the globe, including samurai cats, cyborg penguins and whiny vampires.
- Float or fall through unique platforming challenges.
- Two additional full game modes, including bonus content – a more difficult and humorous Mean Mode, and Developer Commentary.
- A variety of unlockable content and secrets to discover, including an in-depth backstory.
- Numerous difficulty settings, including “Ridiculously Easy” for players who prefer to never die, and “Hard for No Reason” for crazy people.
- Snort out loud with a game chock-full of laughs.
If Adventures of Chris is something that excites you, you can stay up to date with information as it releases if you follow Graffiti Games on Twitter or even visit the main Twitter account for the game.
Thank you for stopping by SwitchWatch.co.uk for all of your Switch-related news and needs. What did you think of this game announcement? Is this something that excites you? To be honest, this looks like a game that checks all of my boxes, and I am super-pumped to try it out! Let us know your thoughts in the comments below. Happy gaming, everyone!