This week we have another 3 exciting upcoming games, hopefully we don’t have too long to wait for any of them!
Have you missed any of our previous Episodes? No fear, catch up here!
Dead Cells is a rogue-like, Metroidvania-inspired action-platformer for the Nintendo Switch. You’ll explore a sprawling, ever-changing castle…assuming you’re able to fight your way past its keepers in 2D Souls-lite combat. No checkpoints. Fight, fail, learn, repeat.
Interconnected levels and progressive unlocking of access to the island provides you with a real incentive to explore your surroundings. Add in a degree of evolution for your character and permanent weapon upgrades and you can see where Dead Cells borrows from the long line of Metroidvanias that precede it.
At the end of the day, though, it’s your skills as a player that matter most! Rogue-lites are about constantly getting better, until what was an insurmountable obstacle becomes a walk in the park. Unforgiving combat wed to the absence of any kind of safety net makes for an adrenaline-pumping ride each and every run, creating unrivalled replayability.
- RogueVania: The progressive exploration of an interconnected world, with the replayability of a rogue-lite and the adrenaline-pumping threat of permadeath.
- 2D Souls-lite action: Tough but fair combat, more than fifty weapons and spells with unique gameplay, and of course, the emergency panic roll to get you out of trouble.
- Nonlinear progression: Sewers, Ossuary or Ramparts? Once unlocked, special permanent abilities allow you to access new paths to reach your objective. Opt for the path that suits your current build, your play style or just your mood.
- Exploration: Secret rooms, hidden passages, charming landscapes. Take a moment to stroll the towers and breath in that fresh sea mist-infused air…
Welcome to My Time at Portia!
Setting sail for Portia, a town on the edge of civilization, you’ll arrive to find a workshop left to you by your Pa – a place where you can begin to craft a new life, using the relics from the past to improve life for the villagers in the town.
Gather materials from Portia’s stunning open world: cut down trees, forage for herbs, mine in the ruins and even grow your own garden. There are many unique areas for you to explore including deserts, island, reefs, highlands, marshlands, mines and more! There are even two different types of dungeons including abandoned dungeons filled with important resources such as relics and ores for you to harvest or more hazardous dungeons where you’ll be able to encounter and battle monsters!
The world of Portia will feel alive as the villagers have their own unique behaviours and will go to school, do their jobs, work out, have fun and have their own stories to share with you. You’ll be able to befriend and romance the villagers within Portia.
Use your imagination and go head-to-head in the ultimate multiplayer showdown! Enjoy a party-style Scribblenauts experience, conjuring from over 35,000 objects from the vast Scribblenauts dictionary to outsmart your opponent in over 25 mini-games!
- Play solo or with up to 4 of your friends in Showdown Mode and imagine your way to victory through card-based strategy and creative skill.
- Face off against a friend or the CPU in Versus Mode.
- Go nuts in the Sandbox – Create Anything in 8 different Sandbox levels and watch what happens, solo or with a friend.
- Create your own Scribblenaut by unlocking hundreds of wacky costume pieces and vehicles.