Critically acclaimed interactive drama launches 10th May
Digerati and [bracket]games are delighted to announce that Three Fourths Home: Extended Edition, an affecting short story with a striking, minimal art style, will be released for Nintendo Switch on 10th May 2018.
Since making its debut in 2014, Three Fourths Home: Extended Edition has been released to critical acclaim across multiple platforms. Highly praised for its emotive storytelling, Three Fourths Home: Extended Edition was an Independent Games Festival finalist for ‘Excellence in Narrative’.
About the game
An IGF Finalist for ‘Excellence in Narrative’, Three Fourths Home: Extended Edition is a critically acclaimed visual short story that explores the emotional ties of family relationships.
In her mid-20s, Kelly has been forced to move back to Nebraska. Back to that flat expanse, that seemingly endless sea of rustling cornstalks peppered by rusty silos and rustier towns. A typically intense Midwestern storm is approaching while Kelly is out. She needs to get home. In the 20 miles between her grandparents’ crumbling barn and her parents’ house, she receives a phone call from her mother…
Assume the role of Kelly during her drive through the storm. While travelling through a stylized representation of rural Nebraska, players navigate an extended conversation between Kelly, her parents, and her younger brother. Through dialogue choice and simple driving mechanics, the story delves into a specific moment of these characters’ lives and their relationships with one another.
- Affecting narrative that touches on a variety of issues, including disability, adulthood, and familial obligation
- Striking visuals, original soundtrack, and ambient sound effects combine to create an intensely powerful atmosphere
- Keep driving to keep the conversation going – stop, and time slows to a crawl
- Almost 800 unique dialogue choices shade the story differently based on how you play
- Includes ‘Idling in the Rubble’ – an epilogue that expands upon the main story