Alien blobs from space are invading the Earth. It’s up to the Alien Counter Offensive Response Network (ACORN) to stop them from enacting their evil plans. Construct and customise a strike team of giant walking tanks and air drop them into combat. Customise, upgrade and train to save the planet from King Blob in a 25 mission hand-crafted story campaign. Then take your custom battle team into the random mission generator and visit procedurally generated bases and challenge yourself to endless battles. Collect and upgrade a deck of battle-cards to take with you into combat. Use their special effects to turn the tide of war against your foes.
Originally born from procedural city generation algorithms, the technology powering acorn’s procedural mother bases was first deployed in an attempt to make a procedural driving game, a kebab delivery sim and a real time shooting game. After these failed experiments the city landscapes were reworked into oceanic bases and the gameplay became turn based. The procedural bases made for a great way to test the game mechanics but the final 25 mission campaign is hand crafted and finely tuned for a better sense of progression and story development. The original random ocean base generator is still available in the random mission mode allowing players to discover endless bases and enemy configurations to invade and defend.
- Thrilling 25 Mission story campaign.
- Track down and destroy King Blob’s giant UFO force.
- Assemble and customise your mech team.
- Pilot personality gradings (PPG) give each mech/pilot differing abilities.
- Improve mechs with upgrades and training.
- Battle many strange alien creatures and machines.
- Test your custom team against endless randomly generated missions and bases.