Independent games developer Petoons Studio is releasing a Kickstarter campaign on June 2nd to fund their new hand-drawn ratoidvania Curse of the Sea Rats for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Steam.
Curse of the Sea Rats packs all of the best features from the metroidvania genre featuring beautiful 2D hand-drawn animation and 3D environments, combined with unique real-time combat mechanics, and of course, lots of swashbuckling rats!
Explore the island, battle diabolic creatures, and fight brutal bosses commanded by the evil pirate Flora Burn. Forge your own path to freedom in a non-linear quest through the vast and mysterious coast of Ireland in 1777.
The developer’s Kickstarter campaign will help them to get more funds to finish the game and cover the costs related to the animation, production and development. Funds will be critical to complete the project without compromising the art and quality.
Curse of the Sea Rats Features
- Classic hand-drawn animation like the golden era of Disney and Don Bluth.
- A perfect mix of 2D models crafted on a 3D game environment for a 2.5D side-scrolling platformer experience.
- Explore a huge map with hundreds of rooms, in a non-linear quest, solving puzzles, and fighting enemies in the coast of Ireland in 1777.
- 4 playable characters, jam-packed with weapons and special abilities to upgrade.
- Discover all the secret rooms, special items, and multiple endings.
- Single-player mode: more than 12 hours of gameplay for the main quest.
- Local Co-Op Multiplayer mode: up to 4 players.
- Spectacular intros and animations to discover the story behind the characters.
If you are interested in checking out the campaign, you can head to their Kickstarter page. If the campaign has yet to launch, you can request to be notified when the game does launch in case you need the reminder. This looks to be a lot of fun, so you can count me in for backing this one.
Thank you always for visiting SwitchWatch.co.uk for all of your Nintendo-related news and needs. We are proud to support indies that are launching on Kickstarter, so please join us in helping promote these campaigns to further their potential success! Happy gaming, everyone.