Slime-san’s Huge Update is Now Live!
Hardcore platforming favourite Slime-san was released to much acclaim on the Nintendo Switch last summer. Juan enjoyed it in his review! With updates and extra contents continually being pumped out, publisher Headup Games have announced that next major update is now live – for free! Named as as “Slime-san: Blackbird’s Kraken”, this update includes a lot of new features that fans of the base game will definitely want to sink their teeth into. For a full run down of what’s included see below:
New Content & Features
- 25 normal and 25 NG+ levels within a giant kraken!
- A brand new boss fight, can you beat the Kraken?!
- 10 new target mode challenges that will test your skills!
- A customizable house that you can style and furnish to your heart’s content!
- 100 Bananas to collect and spend on furniture and house themes!
- Exciting new mechanics like the submarine mode, acid bubbles and suction cups!
- A independent speedrunning mode to compete with in leaderboards!
- An entire tropical Island you can explore and discover with tons of new characters!
- Loads of new cutscenes and story elements to experience and enjoy!
- New secret characters and set-pieces to discover across your journey!
- New music by Mischa Perella!
- Leaderboards: Compete online for the best level & speedrun times!
- Button Mapping: Remap all of your controls to your liking!
- HUE Slider: Entirely change the color palette of the game!
- Reduce Eye Strain: An option in case the game was too harsh for you!
- Krazy Karting Minigame: Item based, karting madness for 2 players!
- Gloomy Minigame: A scary, intense FPS arena survival game!
- Easy Tutorial: Accessible at any time for a gameplay refresher!A totally independent campaign from Slime-san! Are you ready for an aquatic adventure?
- More neat secrets!
And even more:
- Loading Times: Have been shortened!
- Start-up Times: Have been shortened as well!
- Scrolling Level Performance: Has been significantly improved!
- Various minor bug fixes.
Will you be booting Slime-san back up to check out this update? Or will this send you over the edge to make a purchase. let us know in the comments below. In the mean time, check out Juan’s review.