Developer: Digital Extremes
Ahead of it’s launch next Tuesday, Digital Extremes has released a one-sheet for Warframe, with all of the juicy details about the game’s Switch release. Here’s the essential details you need to know about Warframe on Nintendo Switch:
With more than 38 million registered players worldwide, the cooperative, free-to-play hit Warframe is a third-person online action game set in an evolving sci-fi world. Warframe gives players the chance to master the Warframe armor as the enigmatic Tenno, a race of ancient warriors wielding blade and gun, who are awakened from centuries of cryo-sleep by the mysterious guide, Lotus, to restore order throughout the Solar System.
NINTENDO SWITCH DETAILS
FREE: Warframe is free-to-play on Nintendo Switch and digitally downloadable.
Cooperative Four-Player Gameplay: Warframe delivers dynamic 1-4 player cooperative play on Nintendo Switch on day one.
Launch Content: Warframe launched on PC in March 2013. When Warframe arrives on Nintendo Switch November 20, it will deliver more than five years’ of game content including 23 major updates, three cinematic quests, one open-world update and 36 Warframes.
- All of the content up to the Mask of the Revenant update — updates, weapons, Warframes, items, gear — are included at Nintendo Switch launch.
- The current Prime Access program will provide players with access to Mesa Prime, Mag Prime, and Chroma Prime, and will be in-line with currently running Prime programs on all other systems at launch.
Post-Launch Content: Warframe is a games-as-a-service title constantly offering regular free updates.
- The open world Fortuna expansion will arrive on Nintendo Switch soon.
- Garuda, the 37th Warframe, will arrive on Nintendo Switch simultaneous with the Fortuna
- Warframe on Nintendo Switch will be in content parity with all other consoles in 2019 (exact date TBD).
Controllers, Motion Control: Warframe will support motion controls and Nintendo Switch Pro Controllers at launch. Tenno can use the classic L/R Joy-Con controllers 1) attached to the Nintendo Switch console, 2) attached to the Nintendo Switch Grip, 3) detached Joy-Con controllers, and 4) Pro Controllers. Players can customize the level of sensitivity in the menu to their liking!
- Motion Controls: Motion control functionality is available at launch. All controls – mining, shooting, fishing, etc. – are motion control enabled.
Chat: Warframe provides built-in voice chat, and does not require the Nintendo Switch Online App
Cross-Play – Digital Extremes loves the idea of cross-play, but currently Warframe does not support it.
Migrating Accounts – Just like with the PS4 and Xbox One accounts, Digital Extremes will permit players to migrate their PC account to their Nintendo Switch account. This will happen during a limited time frame from day one at launch to a future date (TBD).
Storage – As a games-as-a-service title with five years’ worth of content, players can download Warframe straight to their system. We recommend a 32 or 64 GB SD card, as we plan to bring more content in the future.
Always Online: Warframe is an always-online game – meaning it requires an online connection to play.
Have Fun!: Start solo and invite friends to play as you level up. We’ll join you in the Origin System, Tenno![/et_pb_text][et_pb_code _builder_version=”3.17.6″][/et_pb_code][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.17.6″]
For more on Warframe, stay tuned to SwitchWatch. We’ll be releasing a review and beginner’s guide for Warframe, early next week.[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]