Nicalis has revealed the release date of Code of Princess EX in a new trailer released on Youtube. It will be coming on May 17th.
Physical copies can be preordered here on Amazon. The physical version will include a full-color instruction booklet and a mystery bonus item.
Code of Princess was originally released on the 3DS and PC in April 2012, and the new EX version will feature improved HD graphics, local co-op multiplayer, improved AI and more.
Code of Princess EX is a hack-and-slash beat-em-up game with the depth of the role playing genre. You control one of 50+ heroes who can all be upgraded with new skills and equipment in a variety game modes encouraging multiplayer both locally and online.
Below are some details about the game from Nicalis’s official website.
- Action-packed “hack-and-slash” gameplay featuring customizable RPG elements.
- Players can freely move between three different planes of action during combat, with some projectile attacks able to travel between planes.
- Over 50 different characters are playable throughout multiple game modes, including Campaign, Free Play and Bonus Quests.
- Players can level up and equip their favorite characters with weapons and accessories that modify their stats in six different categories.
- Cooperative and competitive local/online multiplayer modes include leaderboards and let players tracked their coveted “Princess Points”
- Created by former members of the original Guardian Heroes development team.
- Characters and worlds created by legendary Capcom artist Kinu Nishimura, with art contributions from Street Fighter artist Bengus.
Be sure to check out the new trailer down below!